Lurssen Mastering Console Mac is new mastering software from IK Multimedia that was created in conjunction with Gavin Lurssen at Lurssen Mastering in Los Angeles, a high-profile facility that’s responsible for mastering multiple Grammy-award-winning albums, and Oscar-winning film scores, and more.
The product lets you access a software emulation of Lurssen’s mastering chain, incorporating some of the studio’s techniques and “tricks.”IK Multimedia has announced that Lurssen Mastering Console has been updated, adding a Digital Delivery Mastering option – Lurssen Mastering Console now enables you to create audio masters that conform to “Mastered for iTunes” specifications.
Lurssen Mastering Console is a totally new approach to digital audio mastering. It provides a complete emulation of the entire mastering processing chain used by world-renowned mastering engineers Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen and their team. This chain includes tube equalizers, solid-state equalizers, limiters, de-users, and solid-state compressors. The simulation of this chain reflects their “whole chain philosophy”.
Lurssen Mastering Console, which you can download free on audio love.the club, models and recreates the interactions between the individual processors in its chain down to the actual gear hookup schematics themselves. This approach effectively gives you access to decades worth of knowledge in the form of workflow secrets, special techniques, signal chains, and technical know-how.
- Easy to use
- Recreation of mastering chain at Lurssen mastering
- HD Engine option turns on 88.2/96 kHz operation (2x oversampling)
- Standalone and plug-in operation
- iOS version also available
- Input Drive knob makes it super easy to increase level via compression and limiting
- Tube EQ controls offer fixed frequency ranges
- Push Control lets you add emphasis
- Push Control and Input Drive can be automated in the standalone version
- Presets give you starting points for certain music styles
- Changed parameters flash in the GUI when switching presets
- Flexible export options.
- Not a complete mastering solution because you can’t trim files, setup song sequence or add fades
- Very limited EQ
- No automation for EQ knobs
- No user control over many parameters
- Very little user control over effects chain processor selection
- No user control over effects order
- No way to compare processed and unprocessed audio at matching volumes
I tried Lurssen Mastering Console Crack Free on a variety of musical styles from acoustic to rock to dance, and found it to be very capable of punching up the level of a mix, tweaking EQ, and creating a finished file of high quality. The Push control is a cool feature and works nicely for adding intensity. The overall sound quality is quite good.
While you’re not going to get the kind of control and flexibility you would with many other mastering applications, it lets you get professional-sounding results very easily. As mentioned, you’ll still have to use your DAW or another audio editor to sequence your tracks if you’re creating an album, and there’s no MP3 conversion or direct-to-SoundCloud features like with Studio One 3’s Project Page. But for making your mixes louder and adding a professional-sounding mastering sheen, Lurssen Mastering Console is a very useful product.